We are growing and looking for some new team members!
Chartered Professional Accountant
Are you an experienced CPA looking for a new opportunity?
Shaw & Associates Chartered Accountants is an amazing place to work with very exiting opportunities available for the right person. It is a great opportunity for an experienced CPA to work with a positive accounting team, experiencing unprecedented growth.
Primary responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
Assist in preparation of year-end financial statements and corporate tax returns for various types of clients
- High level bookkeeping using QBO and Quickbooks desktop to reconcile accounts, payroll, adjusting discrepancies, etc.
- Guiding and leading clients on how to improve their bookkeeping and processes
- GST preparation and filing
- Preparation of accurate profit & loss reports for clients with the ability to review numbers and explain of question variances
Management of client's budgets for their business and discussing with clients
- Dealing with CRA issues and enquiries
- Following up on CRA notices re corporate and personal tax clients
Personal income tax preparation
- Ability to assist clients with various bookkeeping and accounting questions and issues
Only applicants with the following qualifications and characteristics will be considered:
- 3-5 years plus experience in public practise accounting
Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
Excellent problem solving skills
- Great client service
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and time pressures
Team player and ability to work with various types of people
Willingness to adapt and change as the firm grows
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proven knowledge of accounting programs such as CaseWare, Profile and Quickbooks.
Join Our Team
Do you have the ability to work with multiple clients and help them keep their books up-to-date?
Shaw & Associates Chartered Accountants is looking to grow their team! This is a great opportunity for an experienced bookkeeper to work for a small but rapidly growing accounting firm. The successful applicant will be hard-working and dedicated to their client's success.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Working with multiple client files each month
- Data entry using Quickbooks online and Quickbooks desktop
- GST return preparation and filing
- Preparation of monthly financial reports for clients
- Assisting clients with bookkeeping questions
- Completion of additional duties or assignments as required
A minimum of three years' experience in a similar role is preferred. Quickbooks online experience is essential to this role. Salary is dependent on experience.