We are growing and looking for some new team members!
Chartered Professional Accountant
Are you an experienced CPA looking for a new opportunity?
Shaw & Associates Chartered Accountants is an amazing place to work with very exiting opportunities available for the right person. It is a great opportunity for an experienced CPA to work with a positive accounting team, experiencing unprecedented growth.
Primary responsibilities will include, but aren't limited to:
Assist in preparation of year-end financial statements and corporate tax returns for various types of clients
- High bevel bookkeeping using QBO and Quickbooks desktop to reconcile accounts, payroll, adjusting discrepancies, etc.
- Guiding and leading clients on how to improve their bookkeeping and processes
- GST preparation and filing
- Preparation of accurate profit & loss reports for clients with the ability to review numbers and explain of question variances
Management of client's budgets for their business and discussing with clients
- Dealing with CRA issues and enquiries
- Following up on CRA notices re corporate and personal tax clients
Personal income tax preparation
- Ability to assist clients with various bookkeeping and accounting questions and issues
Only applicants with the following qualifications and characteristics will be considered:
- 3-5 years plus experience in public practise accounting
Strong time management, planning and organizational skills
Excellent problem solving skills
- Great client service
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and time pressures
Team player and ability to work with various types of people
Willingness to adapt and change as the firm grows
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proven knowledge of accounting programs such as CaseWare, Profile and Quickbooks.
Join Our Team
Senior Accounting Technician
Do you have good communication skills in person and on paper?
Shaw & Associates Chartered Accountants is looking to grow their team! This is a great opportunity for a senior accounting technician to work for a small but rapidly expanding accounting firm. The successful applicant will be hard-working and dedicated to their client’s success.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Ability to prepare and complete working papers, financial statements and tax returns for clients in a variety of businesses
- Bookkeeping, payroll and GST preparation
- Build effective working relationships with clients and staff
Corporate and personal taxation
- Completion of additional duties or assignments as required
To be successful in this role you will be able to work under strict
deadlines and enjoy contributing to a fun, professional working
You will take ownership of this role and will be passionate about teamwork and creating a pleasant corporate culture – our team loves coming to work every day.
A minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role is preferred. This role will require the need to work extra hours from time-to-time per business requirements.