When is the absolute best time to enlist the services of a Chartered Accountant?
When you have a toothache, you go see the dentist. When your car isn't running properly, you call the mechanic. So when your business needs help with bookkeeping, filing your corporate taxes or preparing a budget, you need to call a Chartered Accountant!
There are a number of excellent reasons why you should hire a Chartered Accountant. As noted by The Globe and Mail, these reasons include:
- Focus on why you started your business—When you try to handle everything yourself, you may start to lose focus on what got you started in the first place. Handing off critical tasks like accounting to a professional so you can keep your focus on managing the business will make you more successful.
- Find work-life balance—By hiring a Chartered Accountant you can not only help free up time for other work tasks, you can also make more time for your personal life!
- A professional reputation—a good accountant can help put your company in the best possible light in the eyes of banks and other key stakeholders.
- It’s vital to a company’s success—Having an accountant to manage the finances is considered to be one of the top five most critical elements in the success of a business.
- A new perspective—an accountant can provide a fresh set of eyes for the challenges of your company, which may present new opportunities and solutions.
- They have reach—By bringing a wealth of experience to bear, an accountant can offer insight and best practices to you that you might not otherwise have access to.
- Businesses need a plan—As Benjamin Franklin once said, "Benjamin Franklin: “If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!” A Chartered Accountant can help you build a business plan that gives you the best chance to succeed.
- Chartered Accountants understand tax—Tax laws are always changing and it is an accountant's job to stay on top of those changes, ensuring your business is properly protected at tax time.
- Analyze data for growth and profitability opportunities—An accountant can analyze, track, and trend your financial picture, revealing opportunities for greater profit and reduced expenses.
At Shaw & Associates Chartered Accountants our designated professionals will help you with all aspects of your business—budgeting, cash flow, payroll, GST, personal and corporate taxes and any other business-related matters. Our accounting technicians will do your bookkeeping and then the Chartered Accountant will use that information to give you high-level advice, advice you cannot get from your average bookkeeper. Rather than going to one place to have your bookkeeping done and then taking that to another place for your financial statements and tax returns to be prepared, you can have it done all in one place at Shaw & Associates.
When you are starting up a new business, an accountant should be one of the first professionals you seek advice from for whether to incorporate or not, setting up your business number, determining the best software and finding out the best ways to pay the least amount of tax. The relationship you create at the start of your business will continue through the life of your business. You will meet with us on a monthly basis for a financial health check – to go through your reports and budget and ensure you are on the right track. We will celebrate the highs with you and be there for you to get through the lows.
So what are you waiting for? Call Shaw & Associates Chartered Accountants today for your one-hour free consultation and find out what we can do for you and your business!